Herbs For Men
Testosterone, a male steroid hormone, is said to be responsible for most of the physical troubles in men. Researches have established that any discrepancy in the intensity of hormone, particularly testosterone, leads to the different corporeal problems that are exclusive to men. Testosterone is generated in the testes (male reproductive glands) as well as in the adrenal glands (cavities related to the kidneys). Testosterone has manifold functions in the male body as it is responsible for building up their muscles, intensifies their voice and also makes them fertile or sexually productive. However, testosterone also has its downsides. While the hormone is often blamed for enlargement of the prostate (a gland that envelops the urethra beneath the bladder in males), high levels of testosterone are said to give rise to excessive belligerence in activities of men.
Hair loss and baldness
Although we see a lot of bald people around these days, you will be surprised to learn that it is basically difficult for a man to loose his hair and become bald. Since ages ago, having plenty of hair was considered to be a true sign of masculinity. Hence, it is not amazing that even today most believe that they appear manlier with a head covered with lots of hair than when they are hairless. However, in reality, there is no treatment that can prevent baldness. Medications available in the market can at the best retard the process of hair loss.
Hair growth is normally considered to be vigorous when it develops on the scalp in a recurring arrangement. In this process, a piece of hair develops for a specific period and then breaks off from the scalp. Another hair filament grows from the same root after a brief gestation period. But when the hairline begins to recede, the roots become dead and incapable to growing new hair after one strand has fallen out. This arrangement or pattern of hair growth is typical among men when they begin to bald normally at the age of 50 or 60. In fact, the male steroid hormone testosterone aided by specific genetic factors cause the hair roots to close down. And in such situations, herbs are extremely beneficial as they help in retarding the hair loss process. Hence, it is advisable to use herbs to nourish the hair and scalp.
It is true that so far nothing has been discovered that can reverse the balding process and neither the herbs are capable of creating this magic. However, certain herbs like the aloe vera gel, rosemary and nettle have been found to be extremely effective in slowing down the hair loss. It is interesting to note that since time immemorial, both men as well as women have blended rosemary with olive oil and rubbed the liquid on their scalps with a view to nourish their hair and maintain its vigor and fertility. The massage with rosemary and olive oil is significant as it not only invigorates blood circulation to the scalp, but also supports the roots in growing new hairs. On the other hand, aloe vera and other herbs of its kind are just not beneficial for the hair. These herbs are also useful for the scalp as they protect it from the sun and wind when the hairline begins to recede exposing the scalp to various external agents.
Although it is not easy to make out if the application of herbs is really serving the purpose, most men who use them to prevent hair loss confirm that they do actually experience the change in the pattern of their hair growth. It may be noted here that many people using therapies to encourage hair growth are often a little confused over the manner in which these medications work. While using any hair growth therapy, it is important for the person to bear in mind that the scalp is the area that needs to be concentrated on. They should also know that the hair is a dead "substance". It is true that some hair conditioners are capable of making the hair appear denser and glossier, but they cannot do more than this. In contrast, the scalp is a living part of the body and, therefore, it is able to react to herbal medications.
Here it may be mentioned that apart from testosterone, genetic factors and pitiable blood circulation, and many other issue are responsible for giving rise to baldness in men. It is interesting to note that though men consider hair to be an important part of their body, the body itself regards hair as one of its most insignificant feature. Hence, when an individual is suffering from a grave ailment, disorder of the nervous system or experiencing the advanced years of life, the body first gets rid of the hair. Considering that all the above mentioned conditions require additional sustenance, it is natural that the scalp will receive a lesser share of the inadequate nutrients in the body. And this amply explains why people loose their hair in such conditions. In addition to the above reasons, medications for disorders such as gout, arthritis, depression, high blood pressure and heart ailments may also lead to the lack of new hair growth on the scalp. Even healing through radiation as well as scalp tribulations that are related to dermatitis (inflammation of the skin or dermis) may also cause the hair roots to close down. If a person finds that he or she is affected by any of the above mentioned disorders, they should immediately use herbs to heal the precise problem and this will ultimately help to treat the baldness.
- Rosemary hair oil
- Mix the ingredients together and put a small amount of the formula on the tips of your fingers. Using a circular motion, rub the hair oil into your scalp. Put the oil into your hair twice weekly and leave it in for at least a few hours, then wash it out. It makes your hair greasy, but it is worth it.
- Hair formula
If you can't find any nettle tincture, simply make it without the nettle. Blend the ingredients until they have a smooth texture. Take a small amount of your formula and rub into your scalp when you wash yourself every day.
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon nettle tincture
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Men's tea against hair loss
Gather the ingredients needed and boil them for 20 minutes in order to reduce the liquid to 100ml (3 oz.) which you will drink. Prepare the same ingredients at night, but don't keep them overnight. For the best results, drink this tea for 6 weeks.
- 0.1 oz. (3 g) stinging nettle seeds (Urtica) or dried nettle
- 0.4 oz. (10 g) knotweed root
- 0.2 oz. (5 g) wolfberries (Lycium chinensis)
- 1 tbsp. Taiga ginseng
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 0.2 oz. (5 g) ground Eucommia ulmoides
Herbal remedies for genital rash, infections, and irritations
- Herbal genital soak
- Empty a pot of boiling water over the herbs and let them steep. After about 20 minutes, strain out the herbs and let them cool off to room temperature. Fill up a large glass with the formula and soak the affected area twice daily for about 5 minutes.
- Oil for genital infection/irritation
Gather the ingredients needed and combine them together. Apply this formula to the affected area twice daily.
- 1/8 teaspoon tea tree essential oil
- 1/8 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- Dusting powder for fungal infections
In a plastic bag, combine cornstarch with the essential oils drop by drop. Redistribute the cornstarch to dissolve the oils evenly then while keeping your fingers outside the bag, break up the clumps. Let the formula sit for two days. Once two days has passed, you can use it a few times a day, remember to always reapply after a bath or swimming. This formula can also be used to treat athlete's foot.
- 4 ounces cornstarch or powdered cosmetic clay
- 1/2 teaspoon tea tree essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- Infection-fighting extract
Gather and combine the needed ingredients and take half a dropperful 5 times a day during an active infection. If you need help finding the needed ingredients, look in a natural food store. The alternative to that is finding a formula that is already made and is similar to the one you are trying to make.
- 1/2 ounce tincture of Echinacea root
- 1/2 ounce tincture of pau d' arco bark
- 1/2 ounce tincture of goldenseal root
- Siberian ginseng root (optional)
- Wart oil
Gather and combine the needed ingredients. Put some salve on the skin around your wart leaving only the wart uncovered then carefully put the formula onto the wart with a glass rod or cotton swab 2 to 4 times daily. Be sure to apply the formula to the wart only because the thuja oil is extremely strong and can burn sensitive skin.
- 1/2 ounce castor oil
- 1/4 teaspoon tea tree essential oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thuja essential oil
- 800 International Units vitamin E oil
- Impotence tincture
Gather and combine the needed ingredients then take 30 drops of your formula 3 to 4 times daily for 2 months.
- 1/2 ounce tincture of ginkgo leaves
- 1/2 ounce tincture of ginseng root
- 1/2 ounce tincture of fresh oats
- 1/2 ounce tincture of yohimbe bark
- 1/2 ounce tincture of damiana leaves
- Fertility formula
- Gather and combine the needed ingredients and take 1 dropperful 2 times daily.
- Aromatherapy fertility oil
Gather and combine the needed ingredients and massage them into the lower area of your abdomen and thigh once daily. Remember to use only pure rose essential oil, if possible Bulgarian or Turkish Rose attar.
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
Herbal remedy for male menopause
- Male change formula
Gather and combine the needed ingredients. Take half a dropperful once or twice daily.
- 1/2 ounce shizandra seed
- 1/2 ounce Siberian ginseng root
- 1/2 ounce licorice root
- 1 ounce tincture of ginseng root
Herbal remedies for prostate enlargement
- Prostate-reducing tincture
- Combine ingredients. Take half a dropperful thrice daily.
- Anti-inflammatory prostate oil
Gather and combine the needed ingredients and rub it on the skin under your scrotum up to twice a day.
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary essential oil
- 1/8 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- 2 ounces St.John's-wort oil
- 4 drops Roman chamomile essential oil (optional)
Herbal remedy for swollen testicles
- Testicle bath
Boil some water and pour it over the needed herbs. Let the herbs steep for 15 minutes, strain, and pour it into your bath.
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup mullein leaves
- 1/4 cup comfrey leaves
- 1/8 cup chamomile flowers
Our unique herbal products
For more products please visit our STORE.
40.00g / 1.41oz
30.00g / 1.06oz
Cold Sore Oil
10.00ml / 0.034floz
30.00ml / 1.02floz
Nutrient Rich Face Cream
60.00ml / 2.03floz