Acupressure Workout - part 2
Large intestine 4: The head, face and skin
- Performing acupressure workout for the head, face and skin involves applying pressure to the point located in the middle of the triangle created between the thumb and the small bones of the index finger. In addition, the acupoint may also be found at the last part of the crease formed by the thumb and the index finger when you press them simultaneously.
- Prior to performing this particular acupressure workout, you should first locate the acupoint and subsequently press it mildly using the thumb of the opposite hand. At the same time, to support the hand you are applying pressure to, place the fingers of the opposite hand just below the acupoint, against the palm of the hand. Apply deep pressure in a vertical way to the point. You may either apply continuous pressure or use small rotary massage actions to the point for around 30 seconds to one minute. All the while, you should breathe profoundly and also visualize the entire upper part of the body being packed with energy and vivacity. Once you have completed the workout on the left hand, repeat the process on the right hand.
- Applying acupressure to this particular acupoint provides several benefits to the entire upper body. Especially, this acupressure workout facilitates in toning up the skin and also enhances the complexion. In addition, it also helps in the normal functioning of the large intestine, assisting in getting rid of the waste products and toxins from the body, thus facilitating in augmenting the quality and texture of the skin. This acupressure workout may also be helpful in providing relief from constipation as well as enhance mobility and ease pain in the neck, shoulders and arms.
Large intestine 11: The arms, skin and digestion
- The location where pressure needs to be applied to the acupoints for this acupressure workout is the elbows. When the elbow is bent, it creates a dent at the end of the skin crease towards the exterior of the elbow.
- The technique for performing this particular acupressure workout involves supporting the elbow by the palm and finger of the opposite hand. Then apply deep pressure using your thumb of the other hand for around 30 seconds to one minute. You may choose either apply continuous pressure to or use small rotation motions to massage the acupoint, while the breathing remains stress-free and uniform. While performing the workout visualize vigorous and clean skin along with excellent functioning of the large intestine. Once you are over with the left elbow, repeat the whole process on the right elbow.
- This particular acupressure workout is employed together with Large Intestine 4, as this acupoint also facilitates toning up the skin, enhancing the complexion, ensuring robust and healthy functioning of the large intestine. At the same time, it also facilitates movement of elbow and the arms. Besides, this workout is also useful in avoiding as well as providing relief from constipation.
Stomach 36: The digestive system
- This acupressure workout involves applying pressure to the acupoint located four finger distances beneath the lower frame of the kneecap in the indent between the two bones of the leg.
- To perform this acupressure workout, use your thumb to find the location of the acupoint and apply continuous pressure or use rotating small movements to massage the area around the acupoint. The angle of the thumb or pressure ought to be somewhat in the direction of the feet. Position your fingers at the back of the knee to provide support. On the other hand, rearrange the position of your hand and apply pressure using the middle or index finger. The entire workout or application of pressure should last around 30 seconds to one minute. All through the process visualize that the digestive organs are vigorous and strong. While performing this acupressure workout you may have a stinging or itchy feeling in the toes. While acupressure may be applied to both legs at the same time, you may also repeat the process on the right leg after having completed the workout on the left leg.
- The benefits of this acupressure workout include reinforcement and perking up the digestive process. This acupressure workout also has the aptitude to avoid as well as ease constipation, indigestion and diarrhea. In addition, it also facilitates in building resilience/ energy.
Spleen 6: The digestive system and gynecological organs
- This acupressure workout is performed by stimulating the points located four finger widths over the tip of the ankle bone in the center of the inner side of the leg.
- In order to perform this acupressure workout, determine four finger widths from the ankle using one hand and subsequently employ the thumb of the other hand to find the location of the acupoint. You may apply pressure vertically or choose to use small rotary massage movements to the point for around 30 seconds to one minute. Once you have finished with one leg, repeat the workout with the other leg.
- This acupressure workout offers numerous health benefits, as the acupoint involved is not only extremely potent, but also located at the conjuncture of the liver, kidney and spleen meridians. Applying acupressure to this point facilitates the digestive process and may also help in easing abdominal bloating and loose stools. It facilitates in toning up as well as reinforcing the gynecological organs and aids in maintaining them in the normal position. In other words, this acupressure workout is effective for preventing hernia and uterine prolapse (a condition wherein the uterus descends from its original position in the pelvis more downwards).
Applying acupressure at this point may also enhance mobility as well as alleviate pain in the lower extremities.
This acupoint is especially beneficial for women, as it aids in controlling menstruation. Applying this acupressure in the week prior to the menstrual cycle of a woman is helpful in prevention pains during menstruation as well as premenstrual tension. Nevertheless, pressure should not be applied to this point during pregnancy since it may persuade labor. This acupoint is also beneficial for men as it is believed to enhance potency and also avoid seminal discharge, while easing the pain in the genital organs.
Small intestine 3: The head, neck and spine
- When you loosen your fist, this acupoint can be found in the middle of the longest crease on the exterior edge of the little finger just beneath the knuckle.
- To perform this acupressure workout, first hold up the fist using the fingers of the other hand and apply light pressure to the acupoint using the edge of the nail of the forefinger or the thumb of the opposite thumb. If you are performing this workout for common toning, apply pressure for around 30 seconds to one minute. Here is a word of caution. In case you are enduring a severe neck, spinal or shoulder pain, it is advisable to continue applying the pressure for around two to three minutes. Repeat the process at intervals of every half hour till the pain begins to alleviate. When you have completed the workout on one hand, repeat it on the other hand.
- This particular acupoint possesses a potent connection with the back. In fact, this acupoint facilitates in reinforcing the neck and spine, while clearing the head. This acupressure workout may also be performed to avoid as well as alleviate headaches and to provide relief from stress and neck, back and shoulder pains.